Friday, January 21, 2011

Les Journaux Africains: Green Hills Hotel, Kabale, Uganda - 07:02 09/04/2010

Amazingly, we have reached Friday and suddenly the sense that time has escaped me trickles through my veins. I am sure that Greg and Jeff are feeling this too as today is the last full day of decorating that they have open to them before we head off to Lake Bunyonyi tomorrow afternoon.

With that said, I was the first down to breakfast again. In front of me I have a couple of 'Spanish' omelettes, stumpy bananas and a cup of black tea. I have been sticking faithfully to excluding any lactose - as well as the usual gluten - from my diet and, to be honest, I am gagging for some proper milk. 

Regardless, with my breakfast in front of me, I feel at home here. The view from the verandah of the Green Hills Hotel, with its high vantage point over Kabale, is a view that will forever be visible in my mind's eye. At this time of day, with the low-lying mist blanketing the valley, it is beautiful - truly beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...