Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Les Journaux Africains: Outside the Staffroom, Kigezi High School, Kabale, Uganda - 13.40 06/04/2010

For most of the morning I have been in contact with my various Ugandan people, none more so than Charlotte Ainomugisha. She is a chronic textoholic. Along with Ruth and Grace, she has been plotting a return to Kabale, in her case from Mbarara, and this lunchtime she arrived, although I hadn't realised.

Making the same mistake I had with Grace, I was looking for the trademark short-clipped hair of most KHS girls. Only after doing a double-take did I see Charlotte in the staffroom talking to her Aunty Anne, who is a teacher at KHS.

As with Grace, the long braided hair was in and the change in fashion deceptive. A further notable absence were the distinctive darkened glasses of the year before.

As we chatted, and right on cue, the heavens opened and bodies ran for cover, clustering under the multitudinous verandahs. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...