Monday, November 22, 2010

Les Journaux Africains: Green Hills Hotel, Kabale, Uganda - 14.01 05/04/2010

After the Muslim students had returned from prayer, we left the area near the mosque, bound for Green Hills. Shortly after starting the ascent up the hill I heard 'Tommy' being shouted out.

I proceeded to look around me, realising that it wasn't Grace's voice or any of our group members' voice. I then noticed that the in the distance Ruth, another former Kigezi student, was running up the hill in a mad fit of excitement.

Since returning to her village, she has been very hard to contact, but I was able to get the number for her dad via Grace. With no real means to contact her upon her arrival in Kabale, it was a minor miracle that she had managed to time finding us when she just happened to be nearby.

I asked her how she new it was and the answer, simply put, was that she saw a mzungu in a cowboy hat - I suppose I do stand out somewhat.

It was great to see her. She looks exactly the same as she did last year and has kept the short hair. She has relatives to stay with in town so we'll be seeing a lot more of her - she is keen to see Grigorios and help out in the Art Centre.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...