Saturday, July 31, 2010

Les Journaux Africains: Starbucks, Earls Court, London - 16.26 01/04/2010

Everything has move on one year: my relationship with Jeannie, my coeliac disease having seemingly evolved into a lactose intolerance, my love of Africa and my position on this year's trip to Uganda - it now appears that I am an unofficial Second in Command.

With a soya latte on the table in front of me, and rain falling heavily outside, it's time to pick up my pen and start to write again.

Our trip to Africa has evolved and moved on - many lessons have been learned. British Airways is being avoided. A slightly altered cast of characters from William Morris are participate - with some old favourites such as Grigorios and Jeff.

Our physical journey too has become somewhat more serpentine too. This year we are headed one more to Kabale in Uganda, but we are doing so by way of Rome (where we stop to pick up passengers), Addis Ababa in Ethiopia (where we get off and transfer planes) and Kigali, Rwanda (where we will, for the first time, be staying for two nights).

Another difference comes to mind; this year I will have something of a welcoming committee. One of this party is a nun from Kisoro and the others are former students of Kigezi High School who featured regularly in my Uganda Diaries last year.

Anyway, this year, due to the extended nature of our trip I will afford my diary a more grandiose name, Les Journaux Africains. Its name being French to honour the Rwandan aspect of the journey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...