Thursday, May 13, 2010

Now Down to Work Please

David Cameron, being at the head of the party that won the largest amount of seats in the election, has been allowed to form a government. Having made a deal between his Conservative Party and Nick Clegg's Lib Dems, the pressure is now on.

I believe that the focus of this pressure should not be, as the media would have you think it, upon the stability of the coalition, but should be on getting the country moving in the right direction following the troubles of the past couple of years.

I have high hopes for the new government. I am not expecting to find more money in my pocket, a house fit for a king at a low price, or a great reduction in the price of everyday living, but I do sincerely hope that they will work hard towards making life for the average Briton more livable.

In an ideal world, Cameron and Clegg would stop by my blog and have a look at what I really wanted from this election; a discussion about the Robin Hood Tax would be a good place to start gentlemen.

I will give them a chance, but I am fully prepared to turn future votes against them if and when Labour bring a more attractive offer back to the table - whether this is in May 2015 or before hand at local or European elections.

Down to work gentlemen. I am watching you like a hawk, in spite of my severe political news fatigue.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...