Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Saint Lucia Imagined



So, this is my first foray into painting with watercolours. I am still an absolute novice when it comes to painting, but I am, I think, getting slightly better. I have a tendency to use too much pencil when sketching out the basic image with the result being a 'muddy' patch - see the bottom left-hand corner.


That aside, the picture is based primarily on a scene that I imagined, but, when I came to sketching it, I had trouble with getting the sea in perspective. Luckily, Jeannie had been 'home' to Saint Lucia and there was a picture amongst her snaps that I was able to use to get the right colours and perspective.

Voila! Saint Lucia as imagined by me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Should be at that myself

Anonymous said...

Simply tranquil. I felt warm for a moment. I didn't know the paint brush was one of your many friends, though water colour is a bit wishy washy for a rugby player.
Affy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...