Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Uganda Diaries: Green Hills Hotel, Kabale - 18.04 13/04/2009

After a brief boat journey and a bus ride, we're all back in Kabale at the Green Hills Hotel. I am currently sat with Greg, Hanka and Jeffopoulis. We're awaiting the arrival of our coffee prior to our walk into Kabale for a meal at the Little Ritz. It is good to be back in civilisation, but it comes after a very emotional goodbye with all of the Kigezi students and staff.

Things reached a real peak emotionally when Ruth, who had saved saying goodbye to me until last, walked over to me.

She was already crying, and had been crying earlier, and thus she became very upset as we spoke for what would be the last time on Ugandan soil. I honestly believe that we will remain in contact, as is her wish.

2 comments:

Chartreuse said...

Is this the last post?

T.S. Ó Ceallaigh said...

Nope. I'm just releasing them in batches so that my Blog doesn't become too saturated!

Love you honey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...