Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Uganda Diaries: Bushara Island, Lake Bunyonyi - 13.52 13/04/2009

I am sat at the top of the hill that forms the highest part of Bushara Island. I have just eaten a measly dinner, feel dehydrated and also feel grumpy. I wish I were teaching in Kigezi High School as I have been in people's pockets for too long and feel that I want to be doing what I like doing for a job.

I can feel myself being snappy, but really I'm trying so hard to fight it.

The surroundings are a lot more developed on this island; the trees bigger, the main building stylish and there are steps to take you to the top of the hill. The place, I believe, sells itself as a bit of an eco-resort.

The vegetation is lush and the sunshine hitting the leaves breaks the light into a million emerald prisms.

The location and the company is great; I just hope that my mood alters quickly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...