Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Uganda Diaries: Kigezi High School, Kabale - 16.39 07/04/2009

Having just sat through one of the best lessons I have ever been a part of, I am sat in the Ugandan afternoon sunshine.

During this afternoon's lesson, a history led by Nick De Souza, I was fortunate enough to meet and work with four lovely young girls; Tusiime, Immy, Evas and Charlotte. Another girl that I had worked with, Grace, was equally as delightful a person.

Although the lesson itself is still firm in my memory, the most endearing part of the afternoon was getting to talk to the students. Two students, separately, asked me in a very Ugandan way - perhaps overly polite - "if I may speak with you sometime".

I obliged and talked with both Grace and Charlotte about A Levels in England. We exchanged contact details and I resolved to send them a copy of Obama's "Audacity of Hope" and another A Level text from the English Department stock cupboard. A resolution I will endeavour to keep.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...