Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Uganda Diaries: The Art Block, Kigezi High School, Kabale - 16.55 07/04/2009

With ten minutes left to go before our bus back to Green Hills, and an evening meal at the Cephi's Inn, I decided to make my way over to the Art Block to see what Grigorios was up to.

When I got there I was astounded with the hustle and bustle that had been created by Greg's decision to hold an art exhibition. There were so many students involved; a great deal I have already met around the school compound. There, in amongst all the other faces, I found an Aston Villa fan called James, a guitarist called Sam Smilz and the fantastic Ruth Namara.

Ruth has a wonderfully happy character and countenance. We were talking and exchanging pleasantries - she has decided upon calling me 'Tommy Tom' - and also swapped contact details, as is the norm on this trip. She, along with Grace and Charlotte, strike me as being people I would love to stay in touch with for the foreseeable future, if not forever.

My mind is already turning to thoughts of sponsorship. I would love to make some monetary contribution towards these three students' futures. I believe it to be a realistic prospect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...