Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Uganda Diaries: Entebbe Backpackers' Hostel, Entebbe - 17.37 03/04/2009

So after a day of various activities, a pause. The rain continued until 3pm and came to a halt whilst I was wandering around the Entebbe Botanical Gardens.

Earlier in the day, during the endless rain, I had bought a Ugandan SIM card with which to contact Jeannie, so the Botanical Gardens provided the perfect backdrop from which to make a phone call home.

The sun is now shining with the vivacity one expects of an 'African country'. I am sat in the garden of Entebbe Backpackers - I was originally alone, drawing, but a crowd has assembled with the return of Liz from the swimming pool at the Victoria Lake Hotel. I have Hanka, Faye, Jeff, Liz and Karina all in close proximity.

I am told that this beautiful sunshine, in which I now bask, will be gone within an hour - so hard to believe I assure you, but thus is the nature of sunset near the equator. Plans for next week are now being made. It seems there will be a picnic on Sunday to get to know the Kigezi crowd.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...