Monday, November 17, 2008

I Tend to Stay Away from Bandwagons...

I tend to stay away from bandwagons, especially when said bandwagon takes up a lot of news airtime, but this whole Baby P business has raised a question to which I have no answer: Why are the identities of the mother and step-father being protected, when we're allowed to know the name of the lodger and when pictures of the poor child are allowed to be published?

Okay, so I'm a relatively net-savvy guy and it only took me 7 minutes to find out their identities, but it still goes no distance towards answering why the free press are not allowed to use their names. Of course, another side of me says what difference does it make knowing who they are, the damage is done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...